fridge water dispensor question

I purchased a used side by side fridge with water & ice dispenser. It appears to work but the water sprays out all over the place. I took apart the door dispenser cover and it looks like either the line broke at the very top and does not come down enough or there is a piece missing that plugs in to the line. Does anyone know how this normally works? I don't know if the line should be pulled down. (it doesn't seem to budge so I don't want to force it.) or if the line was broken and use to come down another 2 inches or if there is another connecter that hooks to the hose that is there and extends another couple inches down.
Its an Amana fridge.
Thanks for any insight.

"Its an Amana fridge. "
Then I'd get the model number and go to Amana's website and find a parts diagram. Also, many of the online appliance parts stores have pictures/diagrams of the various assemblies.
Yea that was the first thing I tried. Here is the diagram. I don't see the hose at all coming out at the dispenser.
http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/AM25518.gif

Looks a lot like my Maytag:
http://www.partselect.com/MultiModels.aspx?ModelNum=RSW2700&searchTerm=&RefineSearch=0

Thanks a lot. Amana is made by Maytag. I guess when u buy with the Maytag name you get better photos.
It looks like I can just go to homedepot and buy a reducer for the tube thats there and add another 2 inches of smaller tubing to come down and it should work.
Wish me luck.