Fridge vegetable drawer

Due to a high humidity in my vegetable / crisper drawers carrots, celery , cucumbers ,lettuce do not keep well. They rot from the humidity . They actually keep better in the main fridge section. What is wrong . It has been like this since the fridge was new

Badly designed fridge.

if its a "Newer" fridge, there should be some slide/humidity adjustments on the crisper(s). Read your manual and figure out how to open them more to let some of the moisture out

This begs the question - what should the drawer do? Keep the humidity lower, higher, or the same as the rest of the fridge?
I never really thought about it before - except that the manufacturer knew what my veggies needed more than I did.