Fridge not getting cold.

Hi,

Make, model#, approx age, frost free??

Some simple things to check for...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is find but the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to the coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on what to look for ?

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

Could be the evaporator fan not working. Could be others.

Check out

for some troubleshooting help.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Assuming that it was working normally until recently and no changes have been make, I would suggest using up as much as possible and storing the rest of the food in friends and neighbor's friges. Then un-plug it for a couple of days allowing everything to reach room temperature and that the drain for the frost water is clear.

Then try turning it back on and see what happens. If it works and continues to work, great. If it works for a while and then goes back, you need the tech. It is freezing up inside.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Best thing to look for is air flow from the freezer to the fridge section.

Let us know what you find. Would you like some advice on fixing it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Been there, done that. Just last month. Same exact symptoms.

It was a loose connection to the compressor fan on a four-month-old GE. Sears fixed it for free under warranty. If you can find the fan, see if it runs. If not, trace its wires and see if all the connections are good. If so, replace fan.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Reply to