Fridge icemaker screwed up

Awhile ago the ice maker started slowing down and then whenever it would dump ice the ice would freeze to the bottom of the container and after awhile it would just be a big block of ice cubes frozen together. I tried adjusting the temp up and down to no avail. Then I cleaned the coils and all seemed to be fine again. Ice cubes were coming out normal. It's a couple of weeks later and I am having the same problem again. Ice maker working very slowly and cubes just freezing together. Coils still seem pretty clean. any suggestions.

Reply to
K. Kly

If the cubes are melting then freezing together, the temp in the freezer is warming up then dropping again. That doesn't sound like an icemaker problem. You need to determine why the temp is spiking then going back below freezing.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Cleburne

how do I go about doing that?

Reply to
K. Kly

I have small thermometers (kmart $1 each 20 yrs ago) on the back wall of both the freezer and frig. tune the two dials so freezer is at 0 and frig is at 40.

tend to check them when i open the doors.

you might check your defroster timer and heater, that can make it too warm like described if it has problems. a bad light switch can do the same - that 40W frig bulb really can overpower the compressor.

-larry / dallas

K. Kly wrote:

Reply to
larry