Fridge door won't close

Fridge door won't close properly. It closes but then pops open an inch. If you give it a hard nudge sometimes it stays closed, but even then the top corner has a gap. Any ideas? I can't replace the fridge, it belongs to my landlord.

Move the jelly jar to a different shelf and then push the gallon of milk farther back.

Right. The chances are there is something in your firdge that is pushing against the door. It can be as simple as a loose plastic bag of peas that lets you close the door then gently pushes the door open later. Fridge doors are secured with a magnet to avoid children being accidently locked inside (playing in dumped fridges for example)..

Damn, they take away all the fun for kids. When I was a boy, I used to play with the neighbor girls boobs inside an old fridge in our garage. One time I gave her my weiner in there too, and since my daddy kept condoms in there, we had fun blowing them up like balloons. These days kids just cant have any fun anymore.
32andtwentyseven wrote:

You might try adjusting the "feet" of that fridge. That can sometimes help if it's been sitting out of kilter for a while and "taken a set".
No guarantee though, someone may have jammed the door against something and given it a gorrilla shove which has twisted it a bit.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
32andtwentyseven wrote:

that each have two slots, allowing movement both front/backwards and side to side.

-- I can't replace the fridge, it belongs to my landlord.
In many localities, if the landlord supplies a fridge then he is required to keep it in properly working order.
If you are paying the electric bill and/or if there is a danger of food spoiling, then a fridge that will not close is not working properly.
Ask the landlord to repair/replace it.
...unless there is something you aren't telling us about why the door doesn't close...anymore.

Err yeah... I am storing dead body parts in my fridge.. obviously. The "landlord" (which is a TMO) just sends the janitor. Who has the brains of a frog. He insists there is nothing wrong with fridge because when he closes it, it closes. Trying to argue is somewhat futile.
Don't worry about it. I've managed this long... a few more months won't kill me.
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:56:03 -0700, 32andtwentyseven

That's simple, there's too much beer inside your fridge. Drink half of it, and the door will close again. If it still dont close tight, wrap duct tape around the door and to the rear of the fridge. Change or reuse the tape each time you open it. Or maybe a bungee cord would work too.
On Oct 18, 6:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@drinker.com wrote:

Hi,
I am a retired Appliance Tech. Some good advice so far. Here is my advice 1. Loosen the screws all around the liner that holds the door seal in place. Then place a bunched up rag on the corner oposite to the corner that stays open. Press in the problem corner several times. Now check that the door closes evenly by sighting alon the seal and/or sliding a thin stiff paper around the seal. There should be a slight tug all the way around.
If the door now is sealing evenly, have a friend hold the door rigidly and tighten each CORNER screw. Test it again. If now OK tighten the remaining screws. This is explained in my Appliance repair DVD. Go to [APPLIANCE REPAIR RIPOFFS> Stopped] in YouTube to see my demo just for fun. THE Demo does no cover this repair though. Dave the Tech
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:04:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@drinker.com wrote:

Where did you get that nym?
-- Oren
"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."
On 19 Oct, 02:04, snipped-for-privacy@drinker.com wrote:

Ha ha ha ha!
Check to see if the fridge is sitting level, side to side and front to back. You may be able to adjust the feet or use somthing to shim under one side to even up.