French Drain Question

I want to run perf pipe on the bottom of a 4 foot trench to catch subterranean water, and solid pipe above it connected to aterial atrium drains via T-connectors to catch patio/driveway runoff. I'm using filter fabric. So, it seems I have two choices: 1) to avoid putting a hole in the fabric at each arterial T-connection, run the solid pipe/T-connections against the trench wall with a big bulge in the fabric and thus creating a void, or 2) punch a hole in the fabric for T-connector and risk some silt up inside the fabric. Lovely choice. What should I do?