French Door Fridge Question

I have had both, and the freezer on the bottom models are preferable, not from an efficiency standpoint, but rather most of the time you are in and out of the fridge so its a lot easier to get stuff in and out.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

In gereral they always were more efficeint. Use the Yellow energy tag inside if you are shopping for efficiency. Sears as of last year had the most efficient frige period. It is a 19.5 cu ft frige, that is why I bought it.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi -

My wife and I were looking into a new fridge for the house. We currently have the standard freezer over fridge setup.

My question is this? How ar ethose freench door fridges with the freezer on the bottom? My wife really likes those, and we were thinking of getting one. It would seem to make to me to have the freezer on the bottom, what with heat rising and all.

Here's an example of what I am trying to descrobe:

Anyone have a fridge like this? Can you give me any opinions, either good or bad please.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

Hi,

Some consumers opinions that may help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

These refrigerators also come in a "counter-depth" version (for a few dollars more). That's what I have. Looks almost like a built-in because it is flush with the cabinets.

All in all we are quite satisfied with the French door setup. Great for elderly people because you access the refrigerator much more often than the freezer. No bending!

Took a while to get used to the stainless steel finish. Shows every fingerprint.

Walter The Happy Iconoclast

Walter R.

You can't see everything in the bottom freezer because they are piled on top of each other. So the things on the bottom will expire, along with the money you spent to buy them.

Reply to
nielloeb

It's exactly the same problem as with an upright freezer section, just in another dimension.

Expire? Do you throw food away when a magic date passes? I sure don't.

Joe

Reply to
Joe S

Thanks for all the opinions, they are appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

Chris The trouble with a side by side refrigerator is when you try to put a big item in the freezer. A big turkey won't fit. If you only freeze small stuff it would be OK

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

"stretch" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I had a side by side and hated it. Never will buy one again. The freezer size is too small.

Reply to
Marina

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

My parents had the freezer on the bottom. I liked it. They had a sliding top basket and when you pushed it in, then the bottom basket was revealed. It was easy to find things.

Reply to
Marina

I have two friends, a married couple, both were born on the 4th of July. Apparently their offspring are not so patriotic and insisted on being born on different dates.

RicodJour

Wow. Sorry to offend.

Wait a minute...no I'm not.That's what the damn things are called, so I do not apologize to you, or this group for what I called a refridgerator. It seems like you are the only one with the problem that seems to have the need to push your agenda on everyone else. Freedom of speech IS America, and I can call the fridge any dam thing I please, because that is ALLOWED in this Great Country.

You want Patriotic? I was born on July 4th. How's that for patriotic you egomaniac.

I sincerely apologize to the group for YOUR actions, not mine.

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

Uh,.............I married my first wife on July 4th,..............

Divorce was final on Valentines day............Go figure.

How's that for .............Well, Ain't necessarily patriotic now is it?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®