freezing dishwasher

Due to a drafty north facing wall (yes we have sealed and isulated it - as well it will be contained by a new dining room next year) our dishwasher literally freezes ever since we moved to a high efficency furnace that no longer heats our basement w/it's inefficencies.
I was looking at 240v finned and/or strip heaters to bolt to the frame,
but a 250w version was the lowest output (65 watts when used with ressidential plug service), so I worried about fire
So, after a few serches I'm considering drilling a hole in the floor and use a 6 ft piece heating tape from Raychem it will be snaked around
in the motor box (I can let excess hang out below in our rough basement). It is 6 feet long and puts out 5W per foot of heat (30w total). There is a residential service plug conveinantly just under there now - I'll put in a GFPD to be extra safe.
should I worry about fire hazard?
I can always use the 240V version, wired to a regular residential outlet will reduce it to 1.25 watts / foot (you divide by 4, right?)
any opinions?