Freezer runs too cold

Page 2 of 2

If the freon is low or clogged, it will be colder near top.
Greg
On 05/18/2011 07:02 PM, zek wrote:

Interesting. I do keep the sensor of the thermometer near the top.
I don't know whether it is practical to check or fill the freon.
On 05/18/2011 10:01 AM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Okay, I defrosted it a couple days ago. The frost melted down to probably only about a half gallon.
But it did not help. It is running about -27 F now.
What did you mean in your other post about frost being near the temp sensor?

Sounds like the thermostat is broken. It might be mechanical in which case you can take it out and examine it.
On Wed, 18 May 2011 00:50:16 -0500, Matt wrote:

I'd want to freeze stuff at those temperatures. I don't see it as a problem.

Seems to me if it's a mechanical thermostat they usually go bad by going higher in temp. A digital model can have a thermister going bad, or the electronic reference is going bad sometimes caused by the power supply going bad. It's not the compressor, or congestion, unless the sensor is obstructed by food, or dead bodies.
Greg

In looking at the PDF first thing wrong is there is no picture of device which all good manuals should hhave at beginning. Second problem not even one diagram what or where is temp control. Next question, where and how do yo measure, and have you checked top to bottom ?
Greg

Could it be that this part (#13 in the parts list given in the link above) isn't sensing the temperature correctly or has its contacts welded shut?
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3855618 I don't think replacing it requires getting into the sealed section, and its thin metal tube probably just wraps around a copper tube or sticks into a pipe full of grease.