Freezer question, your experience.

Page 3 of 3

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 20:55:14 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

it's somewhere between an r.c.h. and a metric buttload.
your pal, blake
Doug Miller wrote:

pressure.

It's 3PSI above atmospheric presure, dumbass.
AZ Nomad wrote:

You can't possibly be that stupid. It's an act, right?
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:38:51 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

Sorry Larry. I don't know you if anybody asks.
-sw

Tire pressure gauges measure the difference between the pressure inside the tire and the pressure outside the tire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pounds_per_square_inch
Note in particular this sentence: "Psi is often used incorrectly instead of psig."

You're the one that needs to do the reading. Pressure gauges do *not* measure absolute pressure. Google the difference between psig and psia.
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:17:29 -0400, Larry wrote:

Yeah - What Larry said! You tell em Larry!
-sw

Larry has no clue about this; obviously, neither do you. I'll give you the same advice I gave him: *you* read up on atmospheric pressure. Learn the difference between psig and psia.
Here, I'll help: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=atmospheric+pressure
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:48:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Either way, I'm not overly concerned about cold air escaping - doesn't seem to have any significant real-world effect...
-snip-

I suspect I've lost more $ with the chest freezers I've owned through lost food than I have through the 'air dump' of the uprights. [minimized by keeping the freezer full- even if it is just jugs of ice or bread.]

My neighbor wasn't that big-- but a few minutes with my electric chainsaw & he fit in my upright just fine.<g>

I've owned both & prefer the upright for most use. If I was buying a whole cow every year I might consider a dedicated 'beef freezer'.
Jim

That is true, a lot of stuff tends to stay buried at the bottom - if you're not vigilant.

You chopped up your freezer with a chainsaw?!? :p

Yeah, I'm going for an upright next time, but keeping the old chest freezer for emergencies... or for the larger neighbours.
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:19:56 +1000, Jeus wrote:

Take out the shelves and stand them upright.
Ever try and stuff a rigor mortis'ed body into a chest freezer?
-sw

Just wait until it comes out of rigor, of course.
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:55:04 -0700 (PDT), tmclone wrote:

What if you only have 40 minutes before your wife Bonnie comes home? (yet another movie reference - I'm on a roll)
-sw
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:55:04 -0700 (PDT), tmclone wrote:

this must be the one home repair problem duct tape can't solve.
your pal, blake

I'd wait until the rigor passed, or maybe brine them in the bathtub instead?
On 6/3/2010 8:05 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

That's why I always cut them up into smaller portions.
TDD