Freezer is fine Fridge is not

I have a Magic Chef fridge w/freezer on top.
Within the last week the fridge stopped cooling, but the freezer works fine.
I looked for frost, but didn't see any anywhere.
Do you know what could be going on here?

Make sure the fan inside is running else it cannot recirculate the cold air from the freezer to the fridge. Sometimes they get jammed or the air passage is blocked by contents or the motor just quits. This fan is usually located behind a panel in the back of the freezer or fridge. It's usually the noisiest part of the appliance, is is quieter today?
Since the freezer works, the compressor and all that stuff is good.
The fan on the bottom next to the compressor is running, I hear the fan in the freezer running.
I left it turned off last night with the doors open, now I'm going to turn it back on to see if it was ice blockage...

After turning it back on, there was no difference. Freezer very cold and fridge around 63...

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:07:35 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dan

There's usually a thermostatically controlled fan (+ door?) between the compartments. Start there. Are there separate freezer and refrigerator temperature controls?
-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites
The fan on the bottom next to the compressor is running, I hear the fan in the freezer running.
I left it turned off last night with the doors open, now I'm going to turn it back on to see if it was ice blockage...
There are sepearate controls for the fridge and freezer.
SPAM.net> quickly quoth:

The fridge works after I turn it off and open the doors for a day.
This leads me to think that there is a blockage between the freezer and the fridge.
Any thoughts?

compartment. Took the back panel of the freezer out and spent a couple of hours with a hair dryer and a knife to get all the ice out. I could see how it could take 24 hours or longer just shutting it off. Lot less work if you don't have to get it back into service though.
So could it be a heater problem or what?

Earlier in it's life I replaced the defrost timer. It was only working every other cycle. Without a manual I wouldn't have known the timer didn't use the same contacts for each cycle. It's the only thing I replaced on the frig in 25 years.
The final on this: the compressor was going, we were told this by a service guy that came and took it all apart and looked it over.
We had a home waranty and they gave us 500 towards a new one.

I find that very hard to believe. Typically, the fan in the freezer moves air in the freezer compartment. A part of the air is metered into the frig. I would 1st suspect something with the airflow. I am very negative on these repair people because about 3 months ago our Kitchenaid built-in stopped .... in this case the freezer showed signs of high temperature as the ice cream was a little softer. A few days later, the ice cubes got more transparent. We removed everything from both frig and freezer, putting in the stand-alone freezer, the neighbor's frig and freezer and our RV freezer/frig. Called the "authorized KA" company. The guy walking in and said, "You should have let the unit run.": I said they should have told us that when we ordered service! He than said, "Well, this compressor/evaporator/condenser is over 5 years old so it will be $1500 for new compressor/evaporator/condenser. After charging the obligatory $80, he left. I turned it on and it seemed to run ok. I took apart the freezer evaporator cover and looked around. BTW, when the unit wasn't working, there was zero airflow to the frig. My guess is that it iced up. Several things can cause this, low freon, bad fan, bad defrost heater or timer. Seeing it is working absolutely perfect now, I don't think it was freon. My guess is that the defrost timer hung. Heaters are usually not intermittent items. Shutting it off defrosted it .... there was a lot of water on the bottom. Now it defreosts every 24 or 36 hours (or whatever) and all it well. I'm not real comfortable with this, so when we left the house for 5 weeks, I turned it off and used a dorm frig temporarily. When we returned, the KA was turned on and it is still working. The dorm frig is standing by, just in case!
Dan Sanders wrote:

When I finally tracked this problem down on my Whirlpool I found out my wife was stacking stuff up too close to the vent where the freezer air goes into the fridge. It iced up and the fridge stopped working.