Freezer acting weird!

We were given an old Kenmore upright freezer. Maybe 10-12 yrs old. Freezes fine, but the door is sticking. The magnetic seals are intact and in good shape - by sticking, I mean the door locks tight. When we shut the door, a suction is created and its so strong its impossible to open the door again. After 7-8 minutes or so we can open it again. When we shut the door we can actually see the top of the freezer 'cave in' a little as this suction happens. I know this isn't normal, so what can we do?

Check the bottom of the freezer for a plastic drain with a piston in it. Make sure that something sticky hasn't stuck it.

When you open the door, warm air rushes in. When you close the door, the warm air cools, creating a vacuum. A big vacuum. Time must then pass to allow sufficient outside air to enter to equalize the air pressure.
1. You've got really good door seals, and 2. Whatever vent the freezer uses to allow pressure equalization is clogged, possibly by ice.
Try defrosting (even if a frost-free machine).
Alternatively, tape a toothpick across the door seal. Just enough to create a new vent. Live with the whistling.
Hey - good advice from you guys!
The freezer was installed only a wek ago so there is no frost build up, but I will definately check the drain hole for gook.
Thanks!