Freeze proof barn tap

I heard of this drain back tap?, what is it called? how would I install it? Where can I buy one? I have asked my plumber, but he has never heard of it. Has anyone see any info on the net ?

"Make sure that the waterlines coming into the barn won't freeze up. Sometimes, all it takes is insulating the above-ground pipe leading to the faucet or tap. If not, you might have to install a hydrant-type system, which send the water back below the frost line when not in use. "

CathyLee

Reply to
CathyLee

Do a google search for yard hydrants. I think one company that makes them is woodford.

Reply to
Matt

'm guessing this is what your looking for?

the source of water is below the frost line so you have to dig a pit where you want the water hydrant to be located. the valve shuts the water off below the frost line then a small hole just above the valve let the water in the hydrant drain back down. this work well provided you don't leave a hose with a nozzle on it in the closed position (there by not allowing the water to drain back down the hydrant when you turn it off)

Reply to
john