Free water heater

I seem to recall someone telling me that either the gas company or the electric would give you a water if you switch from using the other source of power.
This happen to anyone?

electric company.
Don Young

go from electric to gas save bucks.
go from gas to electric even with free tank will cost you BIG bucks.
not only in operating cost, gas is almost always less than electric but in recovery time.
gas heats water far faster than electric, so a 40 gallon gas tank will need replaced by a 75 gallon electric tank.....
so whats your current tank?
Figure in cost of electric service upgrade, its highly likely when figuring cost of changing........