Free-standing gas fireplace/ pilot light

Thanks Dan and Jeff for responding to my 1st question-
I have a good strong pilot flame when I light my Avlon free-standing fireplace. I set my thermostat to 70 degrees and when temp drops, the stove burner kicks on like it should,but when it reaches the set temp and gas shuts off it extinguishes my pilot light also. I can't figure out why it works and cycles fine until gas shuts down because I can relight pilot and it fires up fine and strong. Any other suggestions?
Hi, When gas main valve closes reaching a preset temp. the bypass held by minuscule current coming from thermo couple has to maintain the gas flow to pilot. Maybe this gas flow is not maintained. Can you increase pilot flame size or reposition thermo couple? Tony