Freakenomics

Anyone read the book? Just proves that there are lies, damn lies and statistics.
Yes, I read it. Not too much to do with home.repair though. Except the chapter on Real Estate pricing perhaps. I feel sorry that William Bennett got nailed for extrapolating some info from this book on his radio show and is now taking heat for it. Bennett is a good man. Too bad what the libs and PC crowd are doing to him. Its a crime.

Bennett is in the same category as Pat Buchanan, William Kristol, Paul Wolfowitz, Elliot Abrams, Richard Pearle etc etc -- people who've never been elected to any office, yet who are convinced they somehow should be making or influencing public policy.

ourselves.

Yeah, sure, all of us should make our own public policy.
That's not democracy, it's anarchy.
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 21:31:20 +0000, Mike Foss wrote:

Bullshit! Everyone has a right to try to convince others of their position. It's called "political speech" and is protected as speech ever gets. ...sorry if you don't like the message, but *tough*.
--
Keith

Plonk