Framing nailer & Roof Building question

Hey all,

I have two questions:

The first, I'm looking to purchase a Framing Nailer for a few jobs around the house like: building a shed, a fence, dog house and would like some clarification. I have seen 34, 28 and 21 degree nailers an was wondering if there are any great advantage of getting one over the others or is it just a matter of personal preference? I dont think I'll be nailing in any tight spaces. Is there any cost of supplies benefit in getting one degree over another?

The second, is that I am having a house built and the framers put the wrong trusses on the house, it was supposed to have a tray ceiling and they put trusses for a flat ceiling. The builder gave us three options, one is to leave it like it is and get a refund of what we paid for the tray. The second is to have an engineer check it out and advise the framers how to build a tray onsite. and the third is to order new trusses and rip the whole roof off and replace the trusses and sheathing, which would delay the building proces a few weeks.

I know alittle about the building proces but need some expert help and opinions on these two questions. Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
eric.fuehrer

NR83A by Hitachi since you're not a production guy look for a used on in good condition. I've had my for 20+ (rebuilt once), a very useful tool

Porter Cable & Senco also

I prefer an angled nail tray in larger guns.

Your builder has given you three very reasonable options

how important is the tray ceiling to your overall happiness? are you going to be bummed every time you see it not there?

if so, choose a fix...................

If you've got a good engineer, who you have faith in, go with his site built fix but ask him how HE would feel about implementing such a fix on HIS new home.

save "ripping it out option" for a really bad mistake. you'll earn some points with the builder.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Reply to
Jonas Grumby

If the wrong trusses were put on the house then tearing them off would be the obvious solution. However, would this refund you mention include the cost of the trusses and labor? Getting these items for free would change the mind of many, myself included.

Framing a new roof doesn't sound too bad so long as it is done for free!! In any case, the only thing you should have to pay for is what is in the plan. Anything else has to be the responsiblity of the builder. Keep a close eye on the builder after this. When a guy takes a big loss like that he is looking for places to make it up, preferable on your house.

Reply to
Lawrence

Unfortunately most of them speak as much english as I speak spanish.

Reply to
eric.fuehrer

I have a Bostitch Framing Nailer. It has built a lot of stuff for me and not let me down.

I would not delay and add risk to the project. Take the refund and learn to be happy with the flat ceiling.

Reply to
J.A. Michel