Framing for Floor Joists

I've got a 100+ yr old brick structure (approx 24x12) with a stone foundation that has been gutted to its original dirt floor. The previous floor joists were so badly rotted that we had to *shovel* most of them into the dumpster. They had been loosely recessed into the brick on one end with the other end simply sitting free/loose on the dirt. Apparently this sort of quality design wasn't too uncommon in the area but that's beside the point.
In the name of simplicity and because of the span, I'd like to try one of the LVL/lam products for the new joists. I'm not really sure how best to go about pouring a proper footing/support for the rim joists, though. A small concrete form with an anchor? There must be something made specifically for this purpose?
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
-BB
need more info to give worthwhile answer, maybe some pictures?
bottom line..................ideally no wood with 6" of soil, definitley no wood/dirt contact.
sounds like you have only 1/2 of a foundation.
cheers

into
with
go
for
If the dirt floor was original sound like you might be better off poring a slab. But if there were joist, were they on the ground? If the joist are above ground you might want to poring a new inner foundation using the stone foundation as part of the form. A picture would help, a engineering Co. would be best.