Foundation for plastic shed

I want to put one of those Keter Apex Shed in my backyard, it's plastic. it already has plastic floor with the package..
I would like to know what are my options on preping for a foundation for the shed, which is going on a side of the backyard with currently soil/dirt/weed.
I do not want to have someone come out and pour a concrete slab. Cost is too high.
But I could like to lay some bricks, cinder block or concrete blocks. I'm in California where the weather is mild, but I want to avoid rotting or rodent problems.
Any advice is appeciated.
jj3000 wrote:

If you have something they think of as food, you will never keep the rodents out.
The answer to your question really depends on the soil conditions, but let me suggest the following that works most places.
I suggest digging down about 6 inches, an area about a foot larger all around than the shed. Then fill that with crushed gravel. Pack it down one way or another. Make it level with the grade, or just a little over.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

one
Amen on keeping rodent edibles out of the sheds.
Here in the Vegas area desert, I have two metal sheds. For each, I made timber sills from salvaged 4x4 fence posts to which the shed walls are fastened. Then I installed an interior floor using the 12x12 inch concrete paver blocks that the local home supply stores sell around here. The sheds are in a walled corner so I don't worry about wind moving these pretty light structures. Not a fancy solution but they've done the job for 20 years. Don't know if this would fit the design of your shed.
SJF
jj3000 wrote:

http://www.freedeckplans.com/plans/plantype.html
Check the section on shed floors Dave