Foundation adhesive question....

Folks,
I'm putting a french drain into the ground in front of my house in an effort to direct rain/snow melt away from my basement....it will be no more than 2 feet down....
The entire assembly (stone, pvc pipe, etc...)will sit in a piece of 6 Mil plastic sheeting that will force all water away from the house and into the PVC....
the plastic will be attached to the foundation of the house, and then filled with rocks.
I am looking for any suggestions as to what I can use as an adhesive to glue the edge of the plastic to the outside of the foundation of the house....it has to be a weatherproof/waterproof bond that will continue to hold the plastic to the house for many decades, if possible.
(just to clarify, the plastic will be attached to the house, and then scoop under the entire french drain assembly -> so from the bottom up, it will be: Plastic, stone, PVC stone, landscape fabric, stone.)
Any suggestions for a good material would be greatly appreciated.
- Thanks,
Todd

I don't know if that is the normal way to make that type of setup. Are you talking about gluing the poly sheeting? That does not take any adhesive very well. If it is some other material, I'd try either epoxy or the polyurethane adhesive in the cartridge that fits a caulking gun. Personally, I'd consider some sort of mechanical fastening by putting a nailer over the sheeting.
Emulsified tar coat on the foundation wall reinforced with Mulehide nylon mesh or equal. EPDM instead of 6 mil Hold the EPDM to the wall with termination bar rather than trying to glue.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
On Thu, 24 May 2007 19:55:15 -0700, Todd wrote:

My suggestion is for you to check the replies to the exact same question you posted here yesterday.
--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

its highly likely your basement will still have water troubles even after you have done this, and no matter what the sheeting will not last forever.
your better off installing a interior french drain with sump pump.
halfway fixes tend to be a waste of time and effort.
the water your getting in your basement is likely coming from everywhere not just this limited area:(
On Fri, 25 May 2007 04:32:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I don't have a basement. Perhaps you should have posted your reply to the OP :-)
--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

it was really intended for the OP