found the answer

Hi All, Just found this group and answered my question by reading past posts. thanks, Frank G Florida, U.S.A. www.277v.com

In case anyone is wondering, this guy is a spammer trying to get you to click on his web link. He's been "thanking" numerous newsgroups that he "just found".
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, spammer.
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:31:51 -0700, RicodJour wrote:

Most MIME type capable readers don't form a link unless the URL is preceded by http:// Which is a good thing.

You made me think for a moment. The http or https is the protocol to get one to the www link. That makes it hyper-text and click able.
(..thinking turned off...) -- Oren
it's a hot link in my reader without the http.... Not that that has anything to do with it.
s t e v e

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:18:27 -0500, "Steve Barker"

Mine too. Agent. Though only in the original post, not where it was quoted.

My first link of the OP was hot/click (Agent). Rico munged the link behind Florida USA.............
A good thing.

-- Oren

Oh, yeah. I see. That's why it didn't work.