Found an instant on compat fluorescent bulb

I found a Philips Marathon 23 watt compact fluorescent that is instant on, just as fast as you turn the switch, the light is on and at least 90% of final brightness. I don't know if this is a fluke or typical of the genre, but it is great to have to light my basement areas where there is no ambient lighting.