Formosen termites

I had the annual termite inspecion done on my house recently. I have an annual contract with my pest control company.
I don't have any coverage for Foremosan termites. I gather they have established themselves in the deep south. My pest control service offers coverage for a set up fee of around $650. Then there will be an annual fee, the amount I am not sure of, to keep up the policy.
Does the set up fee sound reasonable? Does anyone else have this coverage?
Thanks
In article <f0e5a6c.0310251540.163a2cd8
:) I don't have any coverage for Foremosan termites. I gather they have :) established themselves in the deep south. My pest control service :) offers coverage for a set up fee of around $650. Then there will be an :) annual fee, the amount I am not sure of, to keep up the policy. :) :) Does the set up fee sound reasonable? Does anyone else have this :) coverage? :) :) Formosan termites are a type of subterranean termite, so if you have had the house treated for sub. termites within the last 5 years or are on a baiting system, you should be OK. If Formosan do show up it just gives your company an excuse to charge you more. If you have not had your home treated before and want it treated have a company that uses Termidor for the protection. Termite treatment can be anywheres from $650-$1200 for the same house depending on who you use and what products they use. The yearly renewal will probably be $100 or so. If by chance your company is trying to push one of the substandard baits (I would think the more popular baits would be $1200-$2400) the renewal may be as much as $200-$300 a year. If by chance your termite company started the communication with you about Formosan coverage, and then by chance they ever discover "Formosan", have them show you where they were found and then get a few of the termites they are saying are Formosan so you can go have them identified yourself as a second opinion.
--
http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/ter_a.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
In article <MPG.1a04cfc0e41c7b529899b8
:) within the last 5 years or are on a baiting system, you :) should be OK. :) must be slippin in me old age..remove the "or are on a baiting system"
--
Neat site:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/p