Forging Ahead with Remodel, Addition

Here's a copy and paste of a discussion from the end of October. We're forging ahead with this expansion/remodel and documenting it all on http://www.chargershouse.com
House Expansion Project Advice All 7 messages in topic - view as tree From: Katrina - view profile Date: Fri, Oct 20 2006 8:44 am
Groups: alt.home.repair Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author
Hi! We're about to expand our house, a 24 x 48 rectangle, by adding on a 1,374 SF 2-story floorplan we found which is also a rectangular shape
- should be easy to build (no complicated rooflines, bumpouts, etc). What I'm looking for is perhaps a website that takes you through the process and each step one by one, from obtaining the permit to the final inspection. Does anyone know of a site like this? If not, I'm sure there are books on the topic. What titles should I look for?
From: Tim Fischer - view profile Date: Fri, Oct 20 2006 9:19 am
Groups: alt.home.repair Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author
Groups: alt.home.repair Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author
They're in the next state up from us, so I will probably just be able to get them here to do the framing which is fine with me. A local friend of the family is in Constrution as well, (plus he's fluent in plumbing, etc.) so he'll be our biggest resource as far as getting this addition put on.