Fordson Snow-motor tractor - this is way cool

Check out this video.
It's a long one though.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,213971.0/topicseen.html
I spotted this in rec.crafts.metalworking.

I wonder why it never caught on... It looked to have good traction, displaced the vehicle's load, and was adaptable to different vehicles. Not living in snow country, I thought it a great idea, but that's cuz I don't live in snow country...
The Ranger

Good Lord! No seat belt! No chain guards! No automatic transmission! No cup holders! Today's wimps couldn't handle it. Amazing vehicle.
Joe