Forced hot air caulk?

Hi all, I saw a DIY show up here in Canadia (eh) where the HVAC sub was gunning a caulk around the plenum joints and then al taping them.
Any ideas on what they were using to caulk the air plenums?

Of all the common caulks, silicone comes to mind for temperatures up to 180-200 degrees F. Long term, most of the other polymers don't have the durability.
Jow
Joe wrote:

Yeah, but what about the off-gassing?
a wrote:

it's just vinegar, nothing to worry about.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Joe wrote:

yeah, there's silicone on my ductwork. not sure what flavor, i wasn't around when the guy installed it.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
There are many caulk type products for sealing ducts.
http://www.adhesivesandchemicals.com/HVAC.htm

Cliff Hartle wrote:

Sweet! Thanks muchly!