For you HVAC guys out there---

I had a 2 stage furnace put in, now the low power stage is pumping air, but it is not heated(confirmed with thermometer in duct) Another thread on this board confirmed that that means something is wrong with the installation.
I have a suspicion that my thermostat does not support 2 stage, although my wife, who was home when it was installed, says installer did look at thermostat and said it would work.
So question is this-- I have "Lux 1500" thermostat, I picked it up at costco maybe 5 years ago when I wanted to go to a timer thermostat.
I just want to know if that particular thermostat works with 2 stage, so when the guy comes back he can't BS me.
BS? It either works or it doesn't, right? Don't touch his work. From the sound of your posting, the contractor recently completed this work. He must make good on it. Make HIM fix it. Sorry you're cold.

If ya wanna hear some really good BS, be sure to read anything dave aka HACKfella has to say in here
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well if it is not working properly and he recently did the work, he can't BS you. It is up to him to make it work right. I would let him fix it. The only cost you should end up with would be a new thermostat if that is needed. Anything else should be his expense. Frankly if he is really good, and if he made a mistake when he said the oil thermostat would work, he will not charge you anything for the new thermostat.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On 18 Feb 2005 07:03:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Man oh man, you just invested several thousand dollars into a new system, paid to have it installed and didn't change out a piece of s**t thermostat. You would never dream of doing this in other areas of life. I'll take that new car but please put my old carburetor on it for it is still good. Spring the extra bucks and get a professional grade thermostat for your new system.
Barry
Thermal Product Solutions
Hi snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, hope you are having a nice day
On 17-Feb-05 At About 18:03:27, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote to All Subject: For you HVAC guys out there---
j> From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
j> I had a 2 stage furnace put in, now the low power stage is pumping j> air, but it is not heated(confirmed with thermometer in duct) Another j> thread on this board confirmed that that means something is wrong j> with the installation.
j> I have a suspicion that my thermostat does not support 2 stage, j> although my wife, who was home when it was installed, says installer j> did look at thermostat and said it would work.
j> So question is this-- I have "Lux 1500" thermostat, I picked it up at j> costco maybe 5 years ago when I wanted to go to a timer thermostat.
j> I just want to know if that particular thermostat works with 2 stage, j> so when the guy comes back he can't BS me.
without being there I couldn't tell you. now most 2 stage furnaces have a timer that brings the second stage on after a certain time period such as 10 minutes or so. but there could be something else wrong such as a bad wiring connection, board, etc.. the best thing to do is call them back as it is in warranty and they should fix it properly.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.