For Those That Leave A Faucet Dripping In The Cold

Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...
http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/photobucket-6498-1390773935634_zps67746d28.jpg
On 1/26/2014 9:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I had to replace a frost proof spigot for a used car dealer because his drain bamaged employee left the hose on it full of water. It actually burst inside the wall. o_O
TDD

Up nawth, that's a regular occurance.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:06:48 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I think a lot of people don't get the concept. And I doubt that in most cases a drip is going to prevent freezing. How much water you need to flow would seem to depend on how exposed to the cold the pipe in question is. A 1" pipe that is exposed to 15F along 10 feet would seem to require a more substantial flow than a 1/2" pipe that's exposed for 6 inches. I don't think a drip is going to stop that larger, longer pipe from freezing