For Those That Leave A Faucet Dripping In The Cold

Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

DerbyDad03

I had to replace a frost proof spigot for a used car dealer because his drain bamaged employee left the hose on it full of water. It actually burst inside the wall. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I think a lot of people don't get the concept. And I doubt that in most cases a drip is going to prevent freezing. How much water you need to flow would seem to depend on how exposed to the cold the pipe in question is. A 1" pipe that is exposed to 15F along

10 feet would seem to require a more substantial flow than a 1/2" pipe that's exposed for 6 inches. I don't think a drip is going to stop that larger, longer pipe from freezing
Reply to
trader4

Up nawth, that's a regular occurance.

Reply to