For the anti-Craftsman crowd... :)

Page 1 of 2
Hadr roughly 20-year old pair linesman's pliers...hired hand chose to use rhem to try to cut #10 steel fencing wahr, putting nice round hole in cutting edge.. :(
Took 'em into local catalog store--as expected, didn't have 'em in stock. Looked up present equivalent in catalog, store placed repair order and the new ones showed up a few days later <prepaid> via US Mail...and the new pair seems as solid, USA-made, as the originals.
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Great! Now you can spend the money you saved not having to buy a new pair on grammer, english and punctuation lessons ;)
Craftsman still sucks...
You should spend some of your money on a dictionary. I can't find "grammer" in my dictionary.

"grammer"
Grammer retard to the cos bout 15 yars go.
Thus afer werkin mosa her lif at teh poses office .
--
SVL

Try the phone book. You can also find him on reruns of Cheers and Frasier.
G Henslee wrote:

That would be "grammar"...
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Apparently I need a speelchecker ;)

How about lessons on capitalization? The word 'English' is supposed to be capitalized.
PhotoMan wrote:

How 'bout this FlotoMan... http://tinyurl.com/3dg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There should be a period at the end of the above sentence.

And so do you with that non-response.
Poop wrote:

Blow me, Poop...

There should be a period at the end of the above sentence.

Hand tools and power tools are completely different in quality. Even the hand tools have slipped. I have a set of wrenches that are 40 years old and they are superior to the ones made in the past ten or so years.

and
http://www.danaher.com /
[ Danaher Tool Group and Matco, enjoy a leading share position in the multi-billion dollar mechanics hand tool market.
The Hand Tool Group is growing substantially faster than the industry growth rate, driving growth through geographic expansion and share gains, as well as innovative new products that improve safety, strength, speed and access. Danaher is committed to deliver customer-driven new product innovation through user-preferred brands such as, Armstrong, Matco, Sears Craftsman, AllenTM, KD-Tools, Holo-Krome, NAPA, and SATA.
]
--
SVL

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Only time and use will tell for sure w/ these, of course, but initially, the "fit 'n finish" appears to be nearly up to the old pair. I was mostly pleased w/ the (unasked for, specifically) mail delivery not requiring another trip and more than a little surprised there was no included invoive for shipping or, assuming they knew at the time they were to be shipped direct, no authorization for shipping requested from the catalog store.
I agree wholeheartedly w/ power tools, however and have none since 70's vintage at latest...
Virtually all hand tools are of roughly that time period or earlier, as well so I can't really judge whether there's any real difference in an open end wrench set, say...
My not liking Shears is their policy of making off-spec parts. So you can't get parts through the usual suppliers.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

So you expect to get JD parts from New Holland?

You can get an awful lot of the bearing, seals, fasteners, etc from any good supply house. Not always so easy from Sears branded equipment.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Perhaps, perhaps not...I don't have anything Craftsman of recent vintage but I replaced bearings in an old 6" Craftsman jointer once and in a couple of hand drills and the lower bearing in the drill press just that way...
I've also had a lot of difficulty in finding bearings for other things such as P-C sander w/o going back to P-C, so I don't think it's a Sears "policy" at all.
IMO, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ...