For HVAC Folks: Forced Gas Hot Air Residetial Heating Furnace Ratings ?

I was told a while back that the lifetime compressor warranty was only if a complete system was installed, only for the residential(I think), only for the original purchaser, and supposedly the purchaser had to live in the house--no rental property-- although I don't now how deeply they would check into that.And if the original purchaser sold the house, the warranty would revert to the regular 10 year. However, I think the lifetime on Amana heat exchangers is lifetime period-- whether original owner or 20th owner. You got me curious now. I'm gonna check into this and see if they changed their policy. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

They have inferior components Door Switches Circuit Boards (if you can keep up with the changes) Heat Exchangers Inducers Inferior Cabinet Construction The gauge of metal on the cabinets is like tin foil The evopator pans are prone to leakage. Rust Problems after a year or two I could go on.......

Goodman doesn't replace Janitrol, Goodman is Janitrol, and GMC. It does not produce Amana it is owned by the same company that owns Amana.

The ONLY reason to put this stuff in someones house is unfortunately they are lacking some funds and really cant afford to buy anything else, it is for a rental property with a really cheap landlord, your customer got flagged on a home inspection and doesn't really care about the new homeowners, you can't buy anything else because of your reputation or you are a moonlighter, you got it for free for your own house, or you really don't like the person you are installing it for!

Sorry, but let's be truthful here if we have a little knowledge of the HVAC field. Goodman in any form is the worst equipment on the market.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

So true...

I checked out the website, looks good Bob. "Look no further" - good one.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

Scroll's are in almost all equipment nowadays, with the exception of the Climatuf.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

I think this was based on the 12 SEER having higher air volume over the evaporator, so the evap should be at a higher temp and have less condensation, right? But I don't think it took into account that the 12 seer evap coil will often have more surface area than the 10, so there's more area for condensation to collect (which may or may not be a big enough factor to compensate).

But the big one is, if you have a multispeed air handler, you can hook a humidistat to the AC system to run the fan slower when humidity is too high. So a 12 seer could remove as much moisture as a 10 when it is absolutely necessary, but run at peak efficiency when dehumidification is not necessary. The 10 seer on the other hand, can never attain the efficiency of the 12.

"Sir, you're drunk."

"And Madam, you are ugly. But in the morning, I'll be sober."

%mod%

Reply to
modervador

York does the same on the Affinity units.

Reply to
steve

The 10 will remove more moisture all other things being equal. I was responding to the blanket statement. Slowing the blower will compensate but out of the gate a 10 will win.

HVAC poet

Reply to
bill