For Any Users Of Sikadur AnchorFix-2 (Sika Anchor Fix) For Anchoring Screws In Concrete

Hello,

Regarding the product "Sika Anchor Fix" also known as Sikadur AnchorFix-2 used e.g. for anchoring and bonding metal screws in concrete:

Question: must the hole in the concrete that the metal stud is going into to be anchored be "absolutely" dry, or is it that a little moisture or dampness won't effect the bond strength by any meaningful amount ?

Couldn't find anything on their data sheet regarding this.

Thanks, Bob

-------------------- Description Sikadur AnchorFix-1 is a two-component, solvent- and styrene-free, modified-acrylic anchoring adhesive.

Where to Use As a fast-curing anchoring adhesive for all grades of rebars, threaded rods, bolts and special fastening systems. Install in concrete and masonry base materials.

Reply to
Bob

what did the person on the other end of the 800 listed on the package say?

Reply to
chaniarts

If the holes are really damp (casual rain, whatever) rinse them out with acetone and blow dry with compressed air. Acetone is a good general epoxy tolerant cleaner that happens to be water soluble. Since many of the common epoxy hardeners are amine derivatives, they are fairly water tolerant. Odds are you won't have any problems in the average situation. If the Sikadur is not a full spec epoxy, another supplier might be a better choice.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

SiKA makes a number for AnchorFix-1,2,3 & 4

I only have experience with -1 & -3.... I know that they are dampness tolerant.

I have used them in damp holes (standing water removed with shop vac)

check out the instructions.. third page has the answers

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK