For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

Why don't all those others make me cough, sneeze, eyes water, hack, and other symptoms?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Dunno, consult your mental health provider
On 7/2/2016 11:43 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

VOC's can have some of the same health hazards, and they have made me ill, too.
--
Maggie

Per snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

Yeah, but how many of them give me a crashing headache and make my sinuses swell up like balloons?
I'm not running for office, so I can say it: Smoking stinks and, whether anybody likes it or not, smokers stink.
I used to smoke... and I know from experience that one's olfactory senses adapt rapidly.... but rest assured that even though a smoker can't smell it themselves, they really do smell bad.
It's like bad breath.... your best friends won't tell you.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 7/2/2016 1:27 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

+100
--
Maggie

australia has raised tobacco taxes dramatically. one dollar a pack per year. year one a buck, year 10 .........10 bucks:)
i hate the stink, know far too many friends who died from smoking......
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 5:40:52 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

I hate the stink from liberals too, how about we tax them like that until they go away?
On 7/3/2016 8:42 AM, trader_4 wrote:

geesh ... Liberals just have a different viewpoint.
Liberal smokers STINK just like conservative smokers STINK just like moderate smokers STINK ....
--
Maggie

On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 1:15:57 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

So, just stay away from us. But don't use the heavy hand of govt to screw us, deny us the right to a cigar dinner at a restaurant in a private room, and then pretend you're a conservative.

somone is working in that room with cigar smoke.......... YUK
thats why smoking in any public place has become illegal
anyones right to smoke ends at my nose.
no need to make smoking illegal. just tax tobacco so much no one can afford it!!
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 9:12:57 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

No one is forcing anyone to work in that cigar room. How many waiters and waitresses smoke?

A private room at a private restaurant is not a public place.

Then just don't go to the cigar dinner. See how easy that was?

Spoken like a true lib. Why don't we put a tax on muslims? Every terrorist attack, the tax goes up. How would you like that?
bob haller wrote on 7/3/2016 :

I suppose that goes for coal burning power plants too. Oh wait, somebody already thought of that.
On 7/3/2016 5:46 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Us? So, you smoke? Don't you know you stink to the rest of the world, or that your secondhand and third hand smoke makes other people sick just because you show up with those chemicals in your hair and on your clothes? Don't you know when you pass by people that that stench turns peoples stomachs?
You claim to be an engineer and a smart man, but smart people don't always care about how their actions affect other people.
Are you offended by what I've said - that you stink and make people sick to their stomachs as you pass by if you're a smoker? It's just the truth. Think about it. Do you want to have that sort of affect on people?

Smoking a cigar at at restaurant while having dinner isn't a right.
--
Maggie

On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 10:51:38 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Only an occasional cigar. I just stand up for the rights of everyone, including cigarette smokers.

You stink to me too. Lots of things stink, should we ban them all? How about incense? Lets' start a campaign to demonize that. Anyone doubt that we could do "studies" that show the smoke released contains potentially harmful substances? How about camp fires? OMG, think of the children inhaling all those carcinogens while toasting marshmallows!

No one is complaining to me. But just listening to you makes me sick, so there's that.

Don't you know that if I'm in a private room at a restaurant, where everyone there agrees it's OK, it doesn't matter, that no one's stomach is turning?

The problem is that it's the libs who claim to care about everyone, so they force their rules down everyone else's throats. Cigarette bans, soda size limits, soda taxes, salt shaker bans, etc. If they really cared, they'd leave us free to choose.

You have that effect on me with every post, should we ban you from posting?

So what? Just because you don't think it's right doesn't give you the right to force your view on me. And if you were a conservative, like you claim to be, you'd understand that.
On 07/04/2016 10:34 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

Of course, the SMOKE continues to follow the rules, no matter how long it's been since you exhaled :-)
[snip]
--
"The worst of madmen is a saint run mad" [Alexander Pope]

On 7/4/2016 10:34 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Smoking is not a right.
[...]

Your cigar smoke produces secondhand smoke and thirdhand smoke deposits on everything in that room. Anyone who enters that room after your group smoking can get sick from the residue left behind.
It's no different than someone spraying the room with toxic waste.

1. I'm not a lib, and 2. I don't care about everyone.
I don't know anyone who cares about everyone.

If smokers really cared, they'd quit smoking.

Who is forcing you to respond?

I have a right to pursue LIFE granted to me under the Constitution, in addition to the right of free speech, and in pursuing my Constitutional rights I will protest smoking.
You're welcome to kill yourself with cigarette's, cigar's, or whatever you choose to use.

Well, I understand how smoking has affected my health - it's not a political issue and never has been political. Being a conservative doesn't remove common sense to reason that if something makes people sick that it's a good idea to restrict or eliminate the source.
--
Maggie

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 13:01:56 -0500, Muggles

10 packs of Sweet caps and force him to smoke them all within 3 hours?? Then mabee we'd get some peace from the idiot.
I'll buy the shovel to bury him with.
On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 5:02:51 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Somebody let you out of your cage again? I guess soon you'll be explaining the US NEC to us again and making an ass of yourself as usual.
trader_4 expressed precisely :

Looks like everybody else here 'has your number' so to speak. LOL
On 7/4/2016 4:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Not sure if he likes cubans or not. ;-)
--
Maggie