For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

Page 6 of 10  
Per trader_4:

If those people would lighten up and start talking about the number of months before a fertilized egg becomes a person (i.e. try to roll back the date where abortions are legal) they would have some credibility with me.
But they are not; instead they are claiming that a single fertilized egg is the same as a person - and that's irrational enough to me to strongly suggest that their next agenda is making contraception illegal.
To be fair, maybe even *they* don't realize that.... but I would say there is a good chance of it being in the cards.
--
Pete Cresswell

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/3/2016 8:40 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Can you just not comprehend the many times that I've come straight out and said I'm a conservative?

Conservatives believe in common sense, and common sense says that if smoking in all it's forms makes people sick that it's a GOOD idea to limit exposure to it for people who don't smoke, or don't want to be exposed to hazardous waste.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 1:13:51 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Yeah, Mr. Green here claims to be a Republican too, but he can't find one Republican, including Reagan that was any good. I suspect you're his kind of conservative. On the smoking issue, clearly the conservative position is that if you are an adult and you want to have a cigar dinner in a private room at a restaurant, it's none of the govt's business. If you can't see that, then it sure sounds like you're a lib. You also take the side of jerks who mouth off to cops, refuse to produce ID, resist arrest. You blame the cops. No, doesn't sound like you're a conservative to me.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/3/2016 12:43 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Don't complain to me about issues you have with someone else.

Now, if I'm not "YOU'RE" kind of conservative, then I can't possibly BE a conservative?? Is that what you believe?

CLEARLY, that is YOUR position, which doesn't automatically fall into a conservative mindset. In fact, your kind of radical attitude is akin to how many liberals approach how they respond to anyone they disagree with. If you don't want people seeing you as being a liberal nutcase, you need to reassess how you respond.

How 'bout you take a flying leap off a short pier into shallow water? How does that trip your trigger, bubba?
You don't define what or who constitutes being conservative.

Changing the subject? Hey, start a new thread and I'll take you to school on that topic, too. It's already been discussed "why" I took the position that I took, and if you can't accept that I'm a conservative and have an opinion different from your own on 2 topics, then I guess you'll just be an unhappy camper.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 2:08:23 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Who's complaining. I just pointed to a classic example here of someone who clearly is not what they claim to be, just like you.

Wooosh! Right over your pin head. The fact is that someone who chooses people who tell cops to fuck off, resist arrest, while condemning the cops, doesn't sound conservative. Nor someone that thinks it's govt's job to extinguish every cigarette in America, that people shouldn't be allowed the freedom to choose for themselves. THAT is what libs do, smoking, now soda sizes, salt on restaurant tables.

Of course it does. Which once again demonstrates that you don't even know what conservatives stand for today. Explain to us where in the Constitution as the framers put it forth, it gives the govt the right to deny people the right to have a private cigar dinner at a restaurant. You think Madison would support your position?
In fact, your kind of radical attitude is akin to

I'm the radical? Good grief. I support the right of a group of people to have cigar dinner in a restaurant. YOU are the one that wants to control people, FORCE your ways on everyone. THAT is what libs do.

Go fuck yourself, how about that. And take that moron Mormon with you.

No your words and actions do and tells us all we need to know about you. Explain to us how banning a cigar dinner in a private room in a restaurant fits in with being a conservative. You can't. It doesn't.

Yeah, you sure took us to school on that one. But, but, but they were arrested for JAYWALKING! Wrong, village idiot. They were arrested for RESISTING arrest which everyone else could see right on the freaking video. You really are a total waste of protoplasm.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/3/2016 2:31 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I think you've been smoking something illegal after reading that short paragraph.

'Scuse you, but you shouldn't presume to define what conservatives stand for today. Feel free to define what you believe, though.

Do you think it is the right of the people to pursue LIFE??
Have you forgotten:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are *Life*, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ——"
What does it mean to pursue LIFE?? It isn't just about pursuing liberty or happiness.

You're a blowhard, and never listen to anything people say unless it's someone stroking your ego and kissing your patootie. If you don't get your way you resort to character assassination as if you think that makes you sound superior or even smarter.
It just makes you look immature and unable to practice grown up self control. Seriously, see a counselor.

Wake up and smell the stench - the era of smoking is declining and the idea that it's cool, healthy, and something to be admired has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Unlike you, I've got no experience with that sort of act.

hmmm So, basically, my words and actions have taken you to school on this particular topic?

It's NOT a political issue - it's a HEALTH issue.

I did. :)
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 6:07:32 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

E

s

ops,


vate

a

.

Yes, but you obviously don't. Pursuing life means the ability to be able to have a cigar dinner in a private room at a private restaurant with out silly libs like you banning it. I think paragliding and mountain climbing are risky. Ok, now we need to ban it, because people die from it. See how that works?

See, once again you just proved you're no conservative. You're trying to rewrite history, to try to desperately twist that into somehow giving you the write to ban what people freely do in a private room, on private property.

You're a troll who's been identified by some of your followers with a variety of names, having embarrassed yourself in a variety of other forums.

Seriously, stop claiming you're a conservative.

So, what? Square dancing has declined, I guess that means it's OK to screw square dancers and deny them basic rights too.

.

It's very much a political issue. Conservatives believe people should have the right to have a bar where smoking is allowed and leave people free to choose. Libs want to control it, tax it, because everyone has to live like they do.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/4/2016 11:01 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I guess we just see things differently. People risk their own lives when they para-glide or mountain climb. OTOH, people risk others lives when they smoke, which is wrong to do.
See how that works?

How can I twist a direct quote from the Constitution? It lists 3 rights: "that among these are *Life*"!
Why do people always emphasize liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Without LIFE we can't pursue liberty OR happiness. Should we pursue LIFE that leads to sickness and disease, or pursue LIFE that leads to a high standard of health? Gee ... let me think. hmmmm
I think I'll pursue LIFE that leads to a high standard of health. Without that, pursuing liberty and happiness can be fairly difficult to attain.
[...]

I am a conservative - it's just a fact. Seriously, you should just accept it.
[...]

No - it's a HEALTH issue.

How do you know what conservatives believe?? Do you speak for all us conservatives? No.
Why do you think that you do?

I don't think it's that's simple.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/04/2016 11:05 PM, Muggles wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3565495/Up-MAKE-WAY-control-paraglider-ploughs-spectators-disastrous-attempt-off.html
Not seen was 17 irate bikers kicking the paraglider pilot to death...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/5/2016 12:17 AM, rbowman wrote:

The paraglider was probably already unconscious from the impact.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:05:57 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

le

ut

ing

No, because it's not true. If we were allowed to have a smoking bar, a smoking restaurant, the only people risking anything are the people who choose to go there. If you were a conservative, you'd understand that, but instead, as usual, you spin, lie and deflect. That's what libs do.

ty

to

e

It's up to each individual to pursue their life according to their wishes. Having a separate bar or restaurant for smokers doesn't infringe on your life, your rights. But YOU, with the heavy hand of govt, are infringing on smokers. You're no conservative.

Great. The problem is that you're forcing YOUR pursuit on the rest of us who have different pursuits. It's what libs do. They know what we should or shouldn't smoke, eat, drive, etc. And at the same time the limo libs fly around in Gulfstream IVs. At least they don't pretend to be conservatives.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9:15:47 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

...let's talk about deflection...like using the "you libs" term for not being able to think for yourself and stick to the talking points.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/5/2016 9:33 AM, bob_villain wrote:

He's lost the argument, already.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 10:33:30 AM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:

Take a poll among libs and conservatives as to who won't allow people to have a cigar dinner in a private room or who won't allow some bars to allow smoking and get back to us.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 8:10:30 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

It's pretty clear here, you have *no one* backing you up! Frankly, I'm surprised you have returned with your tail between your legs!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
on 7/6/2016, bob_villain supposed :

He has imaginary friends who back him up, probably in private emails.
HTH
Since nobody seems to be talking about how to get the smelly sticky yellow-brown stains out of the upholstery, curtains, or walls and ceilings, shouldn't this thread have an OT in the subject line?
At least Ohm's Law is marginally on topic.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 11:35:42 AM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:

Obviously you can't read, GFRE who started this thread is on the same page, Stormin just made a post where he recognizes the political issue too. Others have too.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/5/2016 9:15 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The point is restaurant owners don't want to limit their clientele. It's fiscally stupid to do so. A smoke free environment doesn't prevent smokers from dining because the environment makes them sick. OTOH, a smoking environment prevents non-smokers from dining because the environment is toxic to them.
A non-smoking environment is more profitable AND healthy for all who might attend.
[...]

On the contrary - I'm a advocate for healthy air. Everyone should do likewise because we all breath air. It's a health issue - not a political issue. I can be a conservative and still promote breathable air in public venues. Conservatives tend to look at the entire picture vs. such a narrow viewpoint as you keep preaching.

Contrary to your ideology, the Constitution actually states that we have a right to "pursue LIFE", and that's what I'm doing.
OTOH, you're promoting the idea that people are free to spread toxic waste because you feel it's their right to practice such a freedom.
That mindset is simply nuts. You'd rather people spread toxic waste in the name of freedom vs. promote healthy air in the name of pursuing LIFE.

No ... that's what people who want to pursue LIFE do. It's a health issue - not a political issue.
[...]
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:38:18 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

The point is you're an idiot. If restaurant owners don't want to limit their clientele, then why do we need a law that FORCES them?

No it's not. If I'm the only bar in town that allows smoking, then I could have more business than most other bars, because smokers will come to my bar. Even now in the dwindling states where smoking is still allowed in bars, there are bars that allow smoking, thereby proving your point stupid.
A smoke free environment doesn't prevent

Any conservative will tell you the simple, free market solution, is YOU go to a smoke free restaurant, smokers will go to ones that allow smoking. But there is no compromise with you lib types, you want to force everyone to live by your ways. Smoking, soda, salt, guns, fat will be next.

Typical lib mentality. You don't own the bar, yet you're the one that's smarter than the owner, to tell them what they have to do.

That isn't what happens in a bar that allows smoking. Only people who wish to be there are there. It's idiots like you that can't allow people with differing values to have their rights too. It's what libs do.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mon, 04 Jul 2016 16:01:16 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I don't think i'd go so far as to label her a Troll. That word is often used to discredit someone who hasn't actually done anything of a Trolling/Trollish nature. Differing opinions doesn't make one a Troll on it's own. As far as followers, I know you think!? myself and several others 'followed' her here, but, that's not the case with me.
She did a bit more than embarrass herself, actually. Things got so bad in one particular newsgroup and I'm partially to blame for it, I did actively participate, but, that was after years of her egging me on to demonstrate what I'm capable of doing. Again, I tolerated her bullshit and that of her 'friends' who tried to stalk me and people I may/may not know, for years, before I decided enough was enough and took her to school in a true blackhat way.
I'll also disclose I took her 'friends' to school too. A sound education in why doxing/stalking isn't cool. Especially when you're trying it on someone who's been in front of a computer in one way shape or form since he was five years old. I already knew a shitload about computers way before computers were cool and were common on peoples homes. I'm always learning, too. It's a never ending process (until I'm dead that is). I'm basically one of those people who lives/breathes/sleeps computers/electronics.
The anonymous coward gave up my ace card though. Disclosed who I am ahead of the time I planned to do so. I was waiting for someone to step up and challenge me. [g]
I've done some really 'bad' things with the skills I have, but, like I wrote to them, I typically don't do that stuff anymore, unless I'm beyond pushed into it. When it comes to coming after my loved ones, well, you basically green light everything in my arsenal. As she and her 'friends' learned, the hard way.
I suspect she won't ask me to do that again anytime soon. Stress levels for her caused health issues that required a short hospital stay. Unconfirmed reports claimed she nearly died as a result of actions taken by myself and others; again, after YEARS of asking for it - It got bad enough that several others asked/pleaded with me (and the others involved) to call it off, to stop. Leave her be. I was fully intent on finishing what I started, though. And I fully admit it. When I'm pushed to that point, I'm going for your jugular and I have no intentions of stopping until you flatline.
I'm an easy going guy, so long as you keep your issues with me, and don't try to involve/stalk my loved ones because you can't handle me. Once you do, you've crossed a line that you will wish you hadn't. The anonymous poster has a sound reason for hiding their identity. They owe me for some shit they did a few years back, and, the interest is mounting. At some point, they will fuckup, and when they do, it's game on. [g]
For the record, I pose no threat to anybody who doesn't try something with me first; and, even when they do, so long as they don't try attacking others who have nothing to do with whatever problem they have with me, I tend not to do anything about it. Muggles and a couple of her friends are the exception, though. They stalked living and non living family members. They wanted to play down and dirty so.. they got what they asked for in spades.
Her dear friend, Eagle actually bragged about using his credit card to stalk a relative of mine and threatened to post the details he got from it. The end result, I won't bore you with the play by play, was his entire local family tree was published containing nearly everything one needed to be one of those people on paper. ID theft, anyone? I stopped short of publishing valid SS# and bdays) - And, I didn't stop there. I accessed what he thought was private/secure data on some of them and used it to do various things for them. [g] Some funds were likely lost by them as a result of my good deeds, but, thats the price you pay if you want to play games and risk my loved ones on purpose.
Muggles thought she was 'safe' and I couldn't figure out who she was in real life, She learned the hard way that wasn't true. Again, it took years of back and forth before I reached the point where I was going to strike back in a most unpleasant manner.

Well... have you seen the ass on some square dancing girls? [g]

Whether I was or wasn't a smoker, I agree with you. It's their choice. If I don't want to be around it, I'm free to go elsewhere. I don't believe it's my right because I may not like it to prevent you from doing it. I think the new taxes on tobacco products are absurd to say the least.
--
MID: <nb7u27$crn$ snipped-for-privacy@boaterdave.dont-email.me>
Hmmm. I most certainly don't understand how I can access a copy of a
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.