For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

Responding to Trader is a total waste of energy and time.

Reply to
clare

I can sy for sure a "whiff" can be more than enough to send me for my inhaler.

Reply to
clare

Can you not comprehend that I said, sure, that's just like all the times Green comes in here and tells us he's a Republican. But since he's demonstrated for years that he's not, no one believe him either. In his case, he's yet to name a single Republican that he likes, he regularly rants against all of them, even Reagan was no good.

Then why are you against allowing me to have a private cigar dinner at a restaurant in a private room? How about a bar that wants to allow smoking, all the patrons that go there, the staff, are all OK with it, how is it consistent with conservatism for you to use big govt to deny them that right? And conservatives don't believe in "common sense", they believe in smaller govt and allowing people the freedom to live their own lives, eg smokers have rights too.

Reply to
trader_4

So the right of one person to stink up a room trumps 100 other people's right to clean air? You're going to FORCE everyone else to breath your stinky cigar smoke?

Reply to
Ralph

A private room, with it's own ventilation. Or how about a bar that wants to allow smoking for smokers. Anyone forcing you to go there? Anyone forcing you to do anything? No, the forcing is of the smokers, who have no rights anymore.

Reply to
trader_4

It's a formula, and when the current is zero the resistance is infinity and you can't multiply by infinity either.

You're still wrong.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Smokers have all the rights they need...stay home and smoke. It's your right to harm yourselves. Have a happy and long life, but stay the f*ck away from me and my family!

Reply to
bob_villain

Your village idiot certificate is now awarded too.

Reply to
trader_4

See, this is why you're the village idiot. V = IR. Just because I is zero, that doesn't make R zero. You really should have taken basic algebra.

I have a 100 ohm resistor. With 0 current, Ohms LAw gives V = 0 x 100 = 0. With 0 current through a resistance of 100 ohms, 0 voltage is produced. What moron would ever think that somehow that resistor now has a value of infinity? Good grief. I even suggested last time that you graph it, voltage versus current. It's a straight line, right through the origin.

Feel free to pick up your village idiot award anytime.

Reply to
trader_4

Typical lib attitude. But whoooh, God forbid anyone say anything about denying say a muslim some right, or a Mexican a right to come here illegally. Then, OMG, it's a whole different story. But cigar smokers, wanting to have a private cigar dinner, in a private restaurant, well, they have no rights.

Reply to
trader_4

somone is working in that room with cigar smoke.......... YUK

thats why smoking in any public place has become illegal

anyones right to smoke ends at my nose.

no need to make smoking illegal. just tax tobacco so much no one can afford it!!

Reply to
bob haller

Now you're scrambling like Trump, trying but desperately failing to make a reasonable response. This absolutely nothing to do with any ethnics or their rights or privileges. Try not to blow a gasket.

Reply to
bob_villain

No one is forcing anyone to work in that cigar room. How many waiters and waitresses smoke?

A private room at a private restaurant is not a public place.

Then just don't go to the cigar dinner. See how easy that was?

Spoken like a true lib. Why don't we put a tax on muslims? Every terrorist attack, the tax goes up. How would you like that?

Reply to
trader_4

BTW, Trader 4 just disappeared from my screen. Bummer on him.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I did reach that conclusion.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I like this article. Read the full article describing all the tech stuff and results. IOW's, you'll ignore it because it proves you wrong.

"Formation of carcinogens indoors by surface-mediated reactions of nicotine with nitrous acid, leading to potential third hand smoke hazards.

This study shows that residual nicotine from tobacco smoke sorbed to indoor surfaces reacts with ambient nitrous acid (HONO) to form carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs). Substan- tial levels of TSNAs were measured on surfaces inside a smoker?s vehicle. Laboratory experiments using cellulose as a model indoor material yielded a>10-fold increase of surface-bound TSNAs when sorbed secondhand smoke was exposed to 60 ppbv HONO for 3 hours. In both cases we identified

1-(N-methyl-N-nitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridinyl)-4-butanal, a TSNA absent in freshly emitted tobaccosmoke, as the major product. The potent carcinogens 4-(methy-lnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridinyl)-1-butanone and N-nitroso nornicotine were also detected. Time-course measurements revealed fast TSNA formation, with up to 0.4% conversion of nicotine. Given the rapid sorption and persistence of high levels of nicotine on indoor surfaces?including clothing and human skin?this recently identified process represents an unappreciated health hazard through dermal exposure, dust inhalation, and ingestion. These findings raise concerns about exposures to the tobacco smoke residue that has been recently dubbed ?thirdhand smoke.? Our work highlights the importance of reactions at indoor interfaces, particularly those involving amines and NO x/HONO cycling, with potential health impacts."

Muggles

Us? So, you smoke? Don't you know you stink to the rest of the world, or that your secondhand and third hand smoke makes other people sick just because you show up with those chemicals in your hair and on your clothes? Don't you know when you pass by people that that stench turns peoples stomachs?

You claim to be an engineer and a smart man, but smart people don't always care about how their actions affect other people.

Are you offended by what I've said - that you stink and make people sick to their stomachs as you pass by if you're a smoker? It's just the truth. Think about it. Do you want to have that sort of affect on people?

Smoking a cigar at at restaurant while having dinner isn't a right.

Reply to
Muggles

Yesterday I found this little tidbit of info:

"1: When THS reacts with nitrous oxide (for example from gas appliances or car engines) in the air creating carcinogens known as nitrosamines. When volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in THS react with ozone in the air to create formaldehyde among other chemicals.

2:

- Studies in mice have found that THS causes molecular changes in cells which lead to insulin resistance (simplistically, the precursor to diabetes.)"

  1. That information explains why I'd get so ill riding in a car when my parents were smoking. I wouldn't just feel bad or cough - I would get so sick to my stomach that I couldn't function for an entire day or more depending on how long I was exposed.
  2. I was exposed to second hand and third hand smoke my entire childhood 'til the day I moved out. For years I was hypoglycemic having episodes of nearly passing out, and I'm now a type 2 diabetic.
Reply to
Muggles

Smoking leaves residue and that third hand residue can make people sick.

It's like trying to defend spraying a room with toxic waste in the name of freedom and then accusing anyone who objects to it of being controlling and manipulative.

You wouldn't want to be the next group of people in the room that had been saturated with toxic waste, and I don't want to be the next person in the room where people may have been smoking.

BTW, people who smoke in one room have no control over where the smoke goes or where the residue ends up, in addition to, the walking stench of people going to and fro throughout the restaurant from the "smoking" room.

I imagine there are a few dives that still allow smoking, but their days are numbered.

I'm all for smaller government and freedom. What I am AGAINST is anyone poisoning the air I breathe, and smoking does that.

Reply to
Muggles

Of course not, current and resistance are *inversely proportional* when voltage is held invariant. The extremes would be zero and infinity.

Ohm's law is a formula, there are three equations to consider. With the resistance held invariant the equation is R=V/I and the current must be non-zero.

At the origin, the formula for R held invariant is R=V/I or 100=0/0 an indeterminate form at best and undefined at worst.

D=RT

If I live x distance from work (D held invariant at x) then the time to travel and the rate of travel are related to that distance (R=D/T and T=D/R). However, if I travel infinitely fast (R=infinity) I can get there in no time flat (T=0) and if I proceed at a rate of 0 (R=0) I will never get there (T=infinity) no matter the value of x.

If I lived closer or farther from work (x' and x") the numbers are different for rates and/or times between those extremes cases and each has has a different value but the same inverse relationship (because they are both related to x), but not *at* those extremes - *at* those extremes the distance x x' x" can be 'any number'.

Why are you allowing me to troll you like this, are you some kind of mathochist?

Reply to
FromTheRafters