For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

Separate issues.
--
Maggie

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:27:17 -0500, Muggles

Yeah, second hand bullets are far more dangerous than second hand smoke but you have your crusade so rock on.

Despite the "cool sounding comment", you can't logically compare the issues of smoking with guns. They aren't even in the same ballpark.
--
Maggie

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:19:17 -0500, Muggles

The only significant difference is you seem to support the right to bear arms but you are neurotic about smoking. If you go back up to the top of this thread, what do you think the amount of residual chemicals are from your cleaning products, insecticides, air fresheners and laundry products? How about the chemicals in your food, either from the farm, production facility or packaging. I guarantee they are far more prevalent than anything from second, 3d and 4th hand smoke. You are just on a crusade and ignore things around you that are far more dangerous.

Anyone who gives a flip about our Constitution will support the right to bear arms.
The smoking issue has nothing to do with politics - it's a health issue.

Those are also individual issues and each one should be taken into consideration separately. They shouldn't have any bearing on smoking issues.

Define "prevalent".
Smoking in public is eventually going to be a non-issue, and therefore won't be "prevalent" in comparison to other issues.

This discussion has been about second hand smoke, smoking, third hand smoke, and the related health issues. I'm staying "on topic".
--
Maggie

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 13:50:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

situation. Cig smoke makes many of us dick - not even looking at the "long term". If I walk into a smoky room, I have to get out NOW - or sooner. If I am downwind from a smoker in a public space i HAVE to move. Then once I've gotten away from the smoke, if my breathing does not improve in a minute or two I NEED to have my inhaler on hand - or I'm in DANGER. There are other chemicals that can have the same effect - including some perfumes.
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 20:26:44 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You're getting tobacco mixed up with marijuana.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

On 7/5/2016 8:26 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sadly, some folks think they have "the right" to smoke any where, any time. I'm guessing these same people want to eliminate "Freon (R)" from my air conditioner, lead from my gasoline, and 32 ounce soda pop cups from New York City.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9:37:18 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

i have always gotten ill from secondhand smoke. my parents were heavy smokers.
its past time that smoking around children should get the smokers charged with child abuse
On 7/5/2016 10:12 PM, bob haller wrote:

Smoking puts toxic waste into the air and that toxic waste ends up becoming thirdhand smoke - another source of serious health issues.
--
Maggie

On 7/5/16 9:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

any way they wish but I, like many people, am horribly allergic to tobacco
smoke and its byproducts. How would a smoker feel if I spritzed them with
pepper spray which would do the same thing to them that their drug habit
is doing to me? I avoid places where smokers hang out but there are
public spaces where I must go and many times a smoker will show up
and get riled when they're asked to please move downwind. I have a
severe allergic reaction when exposed to tobacco smoke and can be sick for days. o_O

let me know where you live and I'll send you a cartoon of good smokes
On 7/6/16 9:50 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

GREAT NEWS:)
Pennsylavania is raising taxes on tobacco a buck a pack for all tobacco products, including e cigarettes, and all nicotine supply systems
although 2 bucks would of been better.......
next year is coming.

And what does this have to do with HOME REPAIR?
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 7:41:33 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

And I hope that next year they raise the tax on beer, wine, the internet, cable, phone, your car, gasoline or anything else that you might enjoy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, you know.
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 4:35:26 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

I wonder if you can suck on your NUK while you're typing?
On 7/5/2016 11:12 PM, bob haller wrote:

Part of me agrees, and part of me is concerned about the nanny state that government becomes.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

age og 16 in the car... Doesn't address the issue of putting young children in cars that have been chain-smoked in daily for a couple of years though.
On 7/6/2016 4:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Hamden Ct just passed a law banning smoking on all town property. Buildings, parks, trails, anyplace owned or under town control $100 fine.
On 7/6/2016 5:57 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Excellent! Another nail in the stinky smoker's coffin LOL.