Followup Question on Water Filter Cartridge Replacement

Yesterday I asked about my well pressure problem, and the consensus is I need to replace my filter cartridge.
The existing filter/cartridge have no obvious brand/model identifying information. There is a clear plastic container about 5 1/2 inches in height, and the cartridge inside has fine metallic windings around a cylindrical core, about 2 1/4 inches in height. Most generic cartridges I see online are 9 inches tall. There is a spring under the cartridge inside the plastic housing, and under the assembly there is a water release valve.
Any insight as to what type of filter cartridge I have, and where to go to find a replacement?
Pull the cartridge out and bring it to a plumbing supply to match it up. With the cartridge out, you can determine if it was what caused your problem

I don't have a clue, but I know what I'd do. Instead of playing around trying to find a replacement, replace the entire setup and in the future use a standard sized cartridge available at any home supply, plumbing, or hardware store. The cartridge should be replaced every 1 to 3 months depending on the particular problem.

seem to have just about everything.

Thanks for the tip. I called, and they told me what I have is not a water filter, but a water strainer, for capturing larger particles. They said all I need to do is pull out the cartridge, clean it, then put it back, and it never needs to be replaced.