Follow-up on fan that needs oiling evey day

Follow-up on fan that needs oiling evey day I think you'll all enjoy this.
Well, I took the advice to use liquid wrench to clean out the dried up oil. I have several zoom spout oilers and one wasn't labeled, but it didnt' smell like oil, so since all I had ever filled them with was oil or liquid wrench, I used that.
But then I thought, I'll never get oil in now because the space is filled with that other liquid.
So I just ran the fan that night and it worked fine, that night and the next.
After two days it would barely turn -- if I pushed it with my finger, it stopped immediately -- so I got REAL liquid wrench, not 15 years old, and put some of that in the bearings. .
I sleep with my shoulder about 12 to 18" from the fan. At 3 in the morning, I felt a warm spot on my shoulder blade. I turned around quickly and the flames were about an inch high. I reached for the electric switch but before I got to the switch, the flame went out.
I think the flame must have been 3 inches high to cause the warmth on my shoulder.
Now the fan does nothing when I turn the switch on. I have three choices what to do next., but they will go in my next post.
Now, you may all laugh at me.
Before you rewind the wire for the motor, please be sure your home and life insurance is paid up. You can get a new fan from the department store cheaper than buying wire and rewinding.
[...]
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Make a fourth choice, chuck the whole thing and get a new replacement. Contribute to prod the economy moving.
Wish I'd said that. Oh, wait! I did say that.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Make a fourth choice, chuck the whole thing and get a new replacement. Contribute to prod the economy moving.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

May I suggest..http://www.dollargeneral.com/product/index.jsp?productId 705975 I got one one like this 10 years ago, runs 24/7 all summer and 1/2 of fall and spring, it's still running strong. It's very quiet and I never bothered putting the guard on it. Plastic blades don't hurt all that much if you get your fingers in them and they don't hurt at all if you don't get your fingers in them.
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:00:10 -0500, Fat-Dumb and Happy

LOL. Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a great fan. For my bedroom, I could make any fan remote control just by putting one of those wired remote swtiches in between the plug and the receptacle.
And some of those floor fans at Walmart had something called Natural Breeize and one other name that they didn't explain but reading the reviews, apparently it goes from one of the 3 speeds to the other, maybe at random, almost as if it were a real breeze. That might be nice, but I'm not sure.
The guy at the motor store bought his fan at Walmart and their search page, if I enter table fan
On 08/27/2012 08:32 PM, micky wrote:

I went to buy a fan at Walmart last year to help push the cool air coming from my A/C unit into a back bedroom. They were nice and cheap, but the problem is that none of the blade assemblies were balanced, so the entire unit vibrated, noticeably, which I considered unacceptable.
I ended up buying a used fan from a second hand store, and older one, which had not seen much use. It is noticeably heavier than the units I found at Walmart, and the only sound is that of the air it moves.
Jon
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 18:19:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Have the Mormon Jesus rewind it for you. He's got nothing better to do, other than help Mitt Romney win the erection. Be sure you use the *MORMON* Jesus, the other Jesuses are retired.

You're beyong laughing at, you're insane. That thing nearly burned your house down, it's charred and the motor magnets are likely weak or destroyed, and you still want to waste money on it. Toss it in your garbage or recycle bin, and buy a new or good-used fan.
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 05:03:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@thecave.com wrote:

What motor magnets do you mean? The stator is an electromagnet soley dependent on the windings around it, which will be replaced, and the current through the windings.
The rotor is magnetic when currents are induced in it from the stator.
Which do think is weakened?
You haven't seen the stator so you don't know if it was damaged.

BTW, all there motor rebuilding shops thought it could be repaired.