Follow-up and apology on OT Will search engines find my webpage?

wrote:

I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot** that the ad they mailed me contained the password for the webpage, so IIUC that means even if google comes up with the webpage, it wlll still require a password, which no one else will have. I suppose that makes it safe for me.
I apologize, and I hope you all don't feel I wasted too much of your time.
**I only used the password once, then kept looking back at the page for 3 days. I don't think I would have forgotten about the password 10 years ago.
On 1/30/12 2:01 PM, micky wrote:

In addition to passwords, a webmaster can tell search engines to *not* crawl certain web pages via a file called robots.txt
If the dealer's webmaster has done this properly, that may be why you haven't seen your page show up in Google.
See http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer 6449