Foggy Kitchen Window

A neighbor has a window that foggs up on rare occasions. It seems that the storm window will fog up after it rains in the summer and then gets sunny. If they open the inside window, the fog will slowly clear from the bottom to the top. Apparently, too much moisture is getting in between the storm and the inside window.
I am wondering if it is a calk problem (i.e. too much moisture getting in) or do most windows have a drain of some kind that is not allowing the water out (i.e. the moisture has no where to go!). Or, is there some other cause that I have not thought of??
Thanks.

the
If
the
the
or
out
that I

if the "inside windows" have low-e glass. REMOVE the storm windows.