foam vs. fiber insulation

Page 2 of 2

local code would by why, the fumes are poisonous when burnt. Another example in my area 5/8" Firecode X drywall is all i can use in my building, and my HD has it. Fire codes are getting tougher every year and affect you when you sell.

The iso plastic can be poisonous, but the styrene foams are not "poisonous" , but in quantity are not good for you. The products of combustion are the same a a candle or kerosene lamp, mostly soot. Breathing too much soot from any source in harmful.

I thought the smoldering fumes from all foams and plastic based materials were bad, { most things in your home]. Have you tried it, just kidding.
snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

Hi, With proper vapor barrier done, my choice would be spray foam(best sealing air leak), next choice would w blown in fiberglass. In my area code says minimum R20 for walls, R40 for ceiling, R13 for in-ground walls like in basement.