foam pipe wrap insulation recommendations

Looking for some advice on the foam pipe wrap insulation. All the copper water pipes in the house we recently moved into are exposed in an unfinished, unheated basement. I was thinking of wrapping these pipes with the foam pipe wrap. From what I've seen at Lowe's & Home Depot there appears to be different kinds (quality?) of this insulating material. I have quite a bit of exposed pipe and was planning to wrap both the hot & cold water lines. I've also poked around a bit on the Internet and it appears I can save some money by buying this stuff in bulk as opposed to purchasing it piece-wise at the home improvement places. Here are some of the sites I've found on the net:
http://www.amconservationgroup.com/pipe.htm http://plumbing.aubuchonhardware.com/plumbing_tools_and_accessories/pipe_insulation/pipe_insulation_tundra_plus-436193.asp http://doityourself.com/store/insulationlengths.htm
Advice? Recommendations? As always... Thanks.
--Greg

Hot pipes are wrapped to prevent heat loss. Cold pipes are wrapped to prevent condensation. If you live in a very dry area, that may not be needed. Ed
get the type where the seams have glue already on them. it makes a big difference
Get the closed cell insulation, the Therma-cel Seam Seal is a good example.
Erik