Foam like "GREAT STUFF" can they be tooled?

Can you spray those expansive foam spray into a void and use a knife or something to tool or shape it? or do you have to wait till they expand and finish then trim/slice off excess?

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

No.

Yes.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

Until it dries completely, it is a gooey mess.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

You can use a wet bar of soap for rough shaping. Stick a handle of some kind on one side to hold it. But then the foam keeps expanding so it's kind of hard to determine what shape it will end up.

Reply to
DT

I was using a can of GS recently and the can developed a teeny leak. I couldn't stop it. Finally, I said "Fuck this!" and threw the whole shebang over the fence onto a power company right-of-way.

Some days later I was prowling through the weeds looking for something important that I had thrown over the fence (I throw a lot over the fence) and found the aforementioned GS menace.

All the GS had leaked from the tiny hole making a smooth, brown sphere about the size of a bowling ball with the can still attached.

I pulled out my knife and carved a face in the hardened glob, much like carving a pumpkin, and threw the sonofabitch even farther into the weeds.

I still have nightmares about it.

Reply to
HeyBub

That's funny, your private dumping ground, huh. You throw that much over that fence? Even important stuff? hmmmm

The face on the foam! even sounds scary.

Reply to
evodawg