FOAM Insulation and do it yourself installation

I understand r-values and all that stuff. That said an insulation person inspected my house and noted that the underside was not insulated (my house sits off the ground about 3 feet. He suggested foam insulation and quoted me $1.50 per square foot for a cost of about 1500 to do the job. My question is that on the web there are plenty of spray on foam insulation products with DIY equipment. Seems a simple enough job.
Is this something that can be done by one's self? If so which product would you recommend?

You can do it yourself. The equipment for spraying is available for rent wherever you buy the foam. Spray foam is probably the easiest. You can also cut rigid foam and put it between the floor joists, but the fit will not be perfect in spots if you have to go around bracing, wiring, etc.
I never sprayed-on, but I injected foam in a wall cavity. I was satisfied with the application. Unable to say how much it affected my heating bills.