Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed

You do not have the knowledge necessary to fix the problem yourself.
Call a plumber.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Add pictures here
✖
The water heater serves as a settling basin for grit and debris, but sometimes it manages to be mobilized. And sometimes a cutoff valve, especially those dainty ones that are frequently used under sinks and toilets, will lose a bit of itself or a chunk of calcium, and it makes its way to the water use valve.
As a complete aside, I used a torch and solder on my plumbing projects for over 30 years. But then, when I was redoing my bathroom, I had Styrofoam in the walls and couldn't afford to risk the torch. I found a 2-part epoxy product that's NFPA approved for up to 2" pipes. I practiced with it, changed to use a bit, and used it for all the redo, with not a single leak. Just thought I'd mention that.
But rather than learning how to do plumbing right now with your wife wanting to take a shower, I suggest getting a handyman or plumber in to fix it. And I think the pressure equalizing valves really suck, so I stay with discrete valves.
I ran separate lines to each of my fixtures, instead of having the cold water drop in the shower when a toilet was flushed.

probably
Add pictures here
✖

Kinda. When filling the tank, you need to keep a hot faucet open at a sink. When you get a steady stream of hot-side water, the tank is full.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:18:02 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

But it doesn't make any sense to try to heat water that has no way of heating.
Turn the breakers off.