Flusher Fixer Kit

My toilet had a slow leak into the bowl so I installed a Flusher Fixer Kit which did not solve the problem. Before I simply assume I got a dud and replace it again, I thought I'd check with you guys to see if my installation technique was flawed.
After removing the old gummy ring, I used a hair dryer to make sure the ceramic base was completely dry. I thought this would also create a better seal because it would make the gummy ring more pliable. Was this wrong?
On Aug 13, 4:06pm, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Did your kit have both halves of the flapper valve assembly, there is the flapper itself and then the seat which the flapper rests upon. The seat must be replaced if just replacing the flapper does not solve the problem. Run your finger around the seat and see if you feel ANY irregularities,

After reading your tip, I figure I must have created a high or low spot by pressing unevenly with my thumbs. With the second replacement kit, after gently pressing the bottom seat into the goo, I used the bottom of a beer bottle to apply completely even pressure all the way around. It was a complete success.
Thanks!
On Aug 14, 7:29am, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

It took me a while to figure that out with my first replacement, probably about 45 years ago. Some things never change<G>.