Fluorescent Tube Disposal

Do you ask your wife inflamatory questions, and then sleep on the sofa?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Best reply I've heard in ages.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I suspect they are serious. I've seen signs in the back doors of stores at a mall near me, it's illegal, there, to put fluorescent tubes in the dumpsters. They are actually recycled for the mercury content.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Back when Kodak had employees, the joke was that a female black Jew could be Vice President in a year, due to Affirmative Action.

Discrimination: Hiring employees based on their race, gender, skin color, religion, or other qualification which is not skill based.

Affirmative action: Hiring employees based on their race, gender, skin color, religion, or other qualification which is not skill based.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LMAO!

Reply to
Steve Barker

I once described Affirmative Action as a quadriplegic gymnastics coach.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You could do what I did...

I leaned one up against a washing machine in a basement with a slab floor.

As I walked away I heard it sliding along the front of the machine. Knowing I was too far away to catch it, I just kept my back to it and ducked.

It hit the floor, exploded and rained glass all over the basement - and me. Years later I was still finding little pieces of glass on

*top* of the I-beam and in the cavities above the block wall.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

What's funny? Putting dangerous toxic metals in the regular garbage is an anti-social act.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I dunno.

I DO KNOW, though, that if you place one end on the concrete floor, and hold the other end straight up with a fingertip, and then let it fall over on it's side and hit the concrete, it EXPLODES violently and sends tiny shards of glass and a white powder all over the woodshop.

DAMHIKT.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

A. Trying to extract five milligrams of Mercury from almost anything is hilarious.

B. Commercial florescent lamps have been around since before WWII. Each bulb contains upwards of 10 milligrams of Mercury. A lot of bulbs have been put in landfills in sixty years.

Reply to
HeyBub

Some of the 4 footers (before 1999) could have contained as much as

46.4 mg. each. Let's just add more toxins to the environment and make sure we cluster f*ck our future generations!
Reply to
Bob Villa

Mercury *comes* from the environment, we just borrow it for awhile then put it back......

Reply to
BQ340

re: DAMHIKT

I don't have to ask...look at what I posted about 5 hours earlier.

BTDT...had to wash the T-Shirt.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And Mercury-vapor lamps probably contain more! Point is, the lamps have been discarded in less than EPA-approved methods for over fifty years and no one can point to a SINGLE deleterious result. Not one.

Some FISH diets contain more Mercury than that from a florescent bulb.

Reply to
HeyBub

It sounds like your saying, "metals are okay to consume"! Get a grip...do you have off-spring?

Reply to
Bob Villa

Yes I have offspring. Quite talented offspring, really. They can see the squirrels no one else can spot.

I also take Zinc supplements.

Reply to
HeyBub

...and you have lead in your can...watch out for those squirrels!

Reply to
Bob Villa

*Exactly* the point the green nuts refuse to see. Asbestos is the same deal.
Reply to
krw

Exactly!

The "tree huggers" are in love with the flouresence lamps. They have convinced themselves that the mercury in the lamps is as nothing compared to the mercury released burning the coal needed to generate the extra electricity need by "conventional" lighting.

When the LED lamps get established I suspect "they" will start giving more consideration to the disposal of the Fl lamps.

When I lived in a high rise condo, I was told to just drop them down the trash chute. I lived on the 12th floor so it was over 100' to the compactor!

Reply to
John Gilmer

On, the congresscritters are actually quite "in bed" with the IRS. The IRS never finds problems with the returns of congresscritters. In fact, often the IRS send people over to "assist" the congresscritters & staff complete their returns. (NB: the FBI usually is the agency to find "tax evasion" by politicians.)

By letting the congresscritter "resolve" the issue, they make him look good to the sheep.

Reply to
John Gilmer