Fluidmaster & Water Hammer - Adjustable?

After my Fluidmaster equipped toilet finishes filling, I get the water hammer sound. From research, it appears to be caused by the F's fill valve. Can this be corrected or do I have to replace the entire assembly? Can the fill valve be replaced? Any other relatively easy solutions?
Thanks for any info.
nr wrote:

Close the cut off valve that feeds the toilet. Leave it open just enough to fill slowly.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:09:05 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Good idea. I have the toilet near the bedrooms turned so far closed that I don't hear it at all when it fills. It takes 5 or 10 minutes, but that's ok. (And it doesn't whistle when it is about to turn off, either. I think it might do that, but any small adjustment would make that go away.)
Try a hammer arrestor. Look up Sioux chief on the internet, they have arrestors especially made for toilets. Ron