Fluidmaster valve repair?

I suspect that the answer to this one is to buy a new one, but I thought I'd try.
It has periodically slowed down to a crawl when refilling the tank, and at best, by turning the feed valve on and off, I have gotten whatever seems to be plugging it up to clear. That's happened a couple of times, but now I can't get it unplugged.
I can't find any specifics on the mechanism, just installation instructions. Is there a way to disassemble the valve and fix the problem, or isn't it worthwhile?
Martin wrote:

Yes, it's worthwhile. If it's an 400-A the black top twists off 1/4 turn (water off!!). There is a replaceable "seal" inside. This controls the flow. The part is readily available. While the top is off, gently open the shutoff valve; a stream will shoot straight up-this will flush any dirt out.
http://www.fluidmaster.com/usa.html
Jim

Flushed it out, got a new seal and it's fixed!
Thanks for the help.
Marty