Fluidmaster valve cap leak

I just replaced the Fluidmaster valve cap on my toilet because the toilet was not refilling after flushing. The flush action works fine now but I noticed that there is water periodically dripping from under the valve cap. This sometimes happens even after the toilet has not been flushed for some time. The Fluidmaster web page says that this leaking is normal during the refill cycle but should stop after the tank fills and the valve closes. Is this true? The only reason I question it is because the toliet in my other bathroom has a different brand of valve stem that was installed not that long ago and it seems to do the same thing. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Reply to
e62836