Flooring Transition from Carpet to Vinyl Floor

I am replacing the vinyl floor in a bathroom. Carpet is laid in the hallway that accesses the bathroom. There is no metal threshold. The carpet just e nds at the bathroom doorway, tacked down tight, presumably. What steps do I take to lift the carpet at the doorway and then re-tack down the carpet? D o I need someone with a stretching tool to do this? I am experienced with a ll the other aspects of the flooring, removing the vanity and commode etc. except this one. TIA

I have a wide tradition strip like the one shown in post #7 of the following thread. Read the text of that response also.
http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?tT655
Tile or linoleum, the transition strip still works.
On Monday, September 23, 2013 7:03:52 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You use what is called a door threshold or saddle.

You are correct, sir. Not only did I use the wrong term, I spelt it wrong also! That's what I get for rushing through a post just before leaving the house.
In any case, a threshold works great, especially for a bathroom. In fact, I'd prefer something (anything!) between a bathroom floor and a carpet. Leaks and/or cleaning could make the exposed edge of the carpet pretty nasty after a while. The same holds for a kitchen and carpeted room transition.
While I like the look of a rolled-over carpet edge, from a practical standpoint there are places where it can be a problem.