flooring demo

Hi. I will be having some flooring work done in my home and I wanted to get some opinions regarding the cost before I have contractors come in and give estimates. Here's what I've got...
DEMO 575 sq. ft. of 12" ceramic tile. 550 sq. ft. of laminate
I'm looking to get an idea of what I can expect to pay to have the flooring removed. I've heard anywhere from $1 - $4 per sq. ft. It seems a little high, though. What do you think?
Thanks.
No advice??
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Not enough info? It sounds like a PITA to me. I'm glad I'm not doing it.
--
Keith

$1-$2 is more reasonable, depending on many things. By the time the contractor pays for his crew, equipment rental, disposal, etc.. $1000-$2000 is a reasonable price to pay. Or you can tackle it yourself. Rent some tools and go for it. Then you'll know for sure if $1000-$2000 is the price you would charge somebody to do that task.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

in some localitys disposal of the debris can be expensive........
proper landfills cost big bucks:( With rubber and clay liners so water cant get in and any liquid contents cant get out.....
you could tackle the job yourself to save bucks but its heavy duty grunt work. p[rice the rental tools and disposal costs in advance to get a better idea of actual contractor costs...
I have a small ceramic tile project myself. Stopped in at Home Depot yesterday to look at tile and price installation. HD 's tile installation prices are $4.49/sq ft on concrete and $6.50/sq ft. on backerboard. After picking out the tile, HD will come measure and give me a quote for a $35 fee (removed from price of job if they do it). I am curious to hear what prices you get from contractors. I am going to get a couple of free estimates from contractors also.